Church History :
In 1978, Manila Chinese Baptist Church (MCBC) and Cherit Baptist Church (a Singapore based church- jointly set-up a gospel point here in Caloocan City. At that time, Reverend Romeo Yu (fondly called Kian Bieng Hia) and Miss Shirley Go (now Mrs. Shirley Theron), responded to God’s calling and faithfully worked hard to lead people to Christ.
In 1981, through God’s relentless prodding, the Caloocan Gospel point moved from an old wooden building in 1st Avenue to a bigger place in Cordero Street, 8th Avenue. God’s strategic leading had opened opportunities for the Gospel Point to target the young people of northern Rizal Yorklin School and Philippine Cultural High School thereby directing the creation of a youth ministry called “Faith Friends” headed by Miss Shirley Go. Shortly thereafter, Sister Marita Caramoan joined sister Shirley Go in heading different ministries that included visitations, Sunday School and home bible studies.
In 1986, the Gospel Point moved again in a two story building along 7th Avenue near Cordero Street. Sister Rosa Cong (Rosie) and Brother William Lao served as apprentices in the Gospel Point while they were studying at the Biblical Seminary of the Philippines (BSOP).
As a result of hard work and faithfulness of His church, God mightily blessed the Caloocan Gospel Point and was officially declared an independent Church under the name Grace Park Baptist Church in August 19, 1987. Not long after, the name was then changed to Caloocan Christian Baptist Church (CCBC). CCBC humbly submitted to God’s wonderful plan to reach out to more people. Today, CCBC owns a three-storey building in 132 Nuestra Señora St. corner C-3 Road, Caloocan City, which stands as a statement to God’s faithfulness. The ground breaking ceremony took place last April 30, 1995 and the first worship service in the new sanctuary occurred in September 29, 1996.
The church has embrace “the Purpose Driven Church” paradigm because we believe that growth comes from health and health comes from balancing the five purposes of the church namely: Worship, Evangelism, Fellowship, Discipleship and Ministry. By God’s grace and with much sincere prayer our church has been growing.
To God be the glory great things he has done.
CCBC envisions a VIBRANT church committed to loving God and making disciples of Jesus in our community and beyond.
To CONNECT people to Christ, INCORPORATE them into God’s family, help them GROW towards Christ-likeness through small groups and eventually CONTRIBUTE to the work of the church all for the GLORY of God.
Making Disciples, Making a Difference
Core Values :
V ictorious Living
I ntentional Discipleship
A uthentic Faith
N urture and Care-centered
T alents and Gifts-oriented
Statement of Faith :
- We believe in the Triune God—Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity and humanity of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior.
- We believe in the person of the Holy Spirit who is God and indwells every Christian.
- We believe in the Bible as the infallible and inerrant Word of God. It is our sole authority in matters of faith and conduct.
- We believe in the personal appropriation of faith. Salvation is by grace through faith in Jesus alone.
- We believe that God has prepared every believer for good works. It is the necessary result of true saving faith. It is evidence of a changed life and not a prerequisite to salvation.
- We believe that man was created in God’s image but sinned and cannot save himself.
- We believe in the church as a spiritual community of God’s people.
- We believe and practice two ordinances that the Lord Jesus has instituted: the Lords’ Supper and Baptism.
- We believe that the church has been given the mandate to love God with everything that she is and has and to make disciples of all nations.
- We believe that we exist to glorify God and enjoy him forever.
- We believe in Jesus’ soon bodily return.